Monday, October 22, 2012

The Katie Doll

Besides finding out how to download pictures from the camera to the computer the other frustrating thing about posting to the blog is trying to line things up and put pictures in where I want them. That is why I don't post very often. I want to have wonderful pictures in my blog like others but I don't know how to do it.
I just thought I'd post pictures of the trees that have changed colours.


















Then I thought, I'll post pictures of the Katie Doll.


I've not finished her yet. She needs bells or decorations on her shoes.


She needs a wand in her left hand. But for the most part she is finished.

In this picture you will notice the lopsided wings. My choice to do that. She's a fairie/angel and she has struggled getting here so I figure a little bent wing isn't too bad. 

My frustrations with technical difficulties is because I've never learned properly how to do it. I need to have someone instruct me as I do the steps and take notes. I haven't had that opportunity yet. Maybe I just have to plug away at things and hope that I don't delete everything like I did twice this morning as I'm learning.

I found the same frustrations with the dolls using other people's patterns. If I have a question - who do I ask? It's hard to find the people when you need them to ask them. I need to see the finished pieces - step by step or to work with someone who knows what they are doing.
Otherwise I have to do my own dolls my own way and make progress little by little. I can then correct things as I make the mistakes or as some say - happy accidents.

So after three failed attempts at posting today I'm trying this. Type the words and leave spaces for pictures. If this doesn't work, I'll sit and whine and have a piece of chocolate and go for another walk. I've already been for one walk this morning but it doesn't hurt to do a couple more - while the sun is still around.

Okay my idea worked. The pictures are there. I did have the chocolate while downloading the pictures and now I'm going for another walk. Clear my head of technical difficulties so I can go back to sewing. Oh, did I tell you that I sew these dolls by hand and sometimes that can be frustrating too.
Well, time marches on and more will be revealed. Have a good one.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, she is just adorable! I love her--what a wonderful doll! Her yarn hair is fantastic, and what a wonderful outfit! The fabrics are marvelous and I love the little buttons you chose for the apron. I can't believe you did this all by HAND!

    Her legs are great, and I especially love her BOOTS. Those are wonderful! How did you do them? Are you following a pattern from a book? May I ask which one? I'd love to know how you made the boots! I'm beginning a doll for E's second birthday (planning to post about that today), and I'd love to know your secrets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I forgot to put that in the post. Yes, it is a pattern from Sparkles and Spirit website and she is under Fairies. I remembered that about three o'clock this morning. She isn't 'just as the picture' shows on the website but she is my version. Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete