Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Finished

Well, not completely finished. I've been gathering materials and cutting out and stitching a quilt top for seven years. Today I took it to the lady down the road who does beautiful work with a long arm quilting machine. Like a few other people I know, I do not like the quilting part. I like making the picture with the fabric and if the piece is too big - it goes to the quilting lady. There is a lot more hand work to do when it comes back from the quilters but I won't think about that today.
It feels like a sauna here in South Western Ontario. The humidity makes it hard to breathe and I get sleepy. But because of the Fibromyalgia I don't like air-conditioning - I ache more than usual. It wasn't bad today as I was in and out of buildings blasting their freezing air and into and out of the blazing sun. Summer is wonderful and for me, much better than winter.
My sister gave me a couple of plastic storage towers - you know the ones with the drawers in them - so I cleaned and sorted after coming in from the warm weather walk. Not too far in this heat. I'll be up early tomorrow and finish the sorting and moving. There is more to do again but I'm feeling good about arranging things. There are no pictures, and if I stay at it the rooms will be done by tomorrow evening because it wasn't too long ago that I did a major cleaning and sorting.
Now all I need is someone to cook meals for me and I'd be all set.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you must share photos of the quilt when it returns to you! How nice to have some help. I could wish for a full staff for myself... a maid, a cook, a masseuse. :) It's sweltering and miserable here as well. Hope you're able to stay cool enough for comfort!

    ReplyDelete