Monday, July 23, 2012

Celebration

I decided to write and whine. No, just kidding. I've been feeling under the weather so I haven't done much or felt like doing much. A low grade virus and you don't want to know all the symptoms.

On July 14th my grand-daughters mom and sisters had a baby shower for her. Her dad, my son Mike, is now remarried to a wonderful lady named Tuesday. I like my grand-daughter Lindsay's mom and I always get a warm greeting from her. Here is a picture of my beautiful daughter-in-law Tuesday with my great-grandson Quaid.

Lindsay's great grandmother Dee was a great friend to my mom. I went to school with their children and was best friends at one time with Lindsay's aunt Sherry who passed away from cancer a year or so ago.

This is a picture of four generations. My son Mike, myself, my grand-daughter Lindsay and my great-grandson Jayce. I think they said that Jayce is now two months old - nearly three months old. Quaid - the big brother is I believe almost 6.


My son Mike is the happiest grandpa. He has two grandsons and is looking forward to having them learn from him on the farm.  I think that this is a great picture of Mike and Jayce. I can't wait to see him running around with his brother Quaid and my grandson Eli who are only ten days apart. As long as we have children and grand-children we will never grow old.

This is my grand-daughter Lindsay with her mom Kelly opening the wonderful gifts. She is set for at least a week with clothes for Jayce, well  you know how fast babies grow.

The day was wonderful. I enjoyed visiting with old friends and especially visiting with family.

 
This low grade virus is enough to make me not want to do much. I'm still doing but not as much art. I've been looking at blogs trying to get inspired. I haven't figured out yet why I hesitate to get out my drawing and painting supplies. I keep wanting to draw, even to do Zentangles but I hesitate with that too. Maybe it is because I've spent so much time with fabric arts and beads I don't think it will be good enough to try and draw or paint again. But then I signed up for an on-line doll making course and didn't do that. So I don't know what it is - physical bleh I guess.

Oh well, I'll figure it out - one day. In the mean time I'll keep on going to visit auntie and working on two more afghans. I'm making one for my niece and her expected baby in December.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear you've been under the weather! I think you and Miss E. had viruses at the same time. Hope you're much improved and feeling inspired now!

    ReplyDelete