Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Show and Tell

While visiting with Kathi Kuti and the other ladies from out little club I brought show and tell - some beaded pieces that I was turning into bracelets and a necklace. Our little group was supposed to be doing some painting in preparation for an art piece to be completed the next month but our "teacher" Marianne was unable to make it that day. I put teacher in quotation marks because we are all teachers, no matter where we go and whom we speak with. Some of our greatest teachers are the little children.
Kathi was working on her owls as I mentioned last post and others were doing their little thing. I worked on a bracelet for my friend who was coming back from a trip to China and Tibet. As you can see, my cup of tea was almost finished and I was busy, busy busy. The bracelet was a hit. Marian brought me a couple of things. One was a little box like item on a cord that is supposed to be worn around the neck and has a mandala inside - she said. I cannot take it apart to see because then it will be wrecked. The other piece was a weaving with five coloured chords around some dragons carved from pits of some kind. I thought at first they may be peach pits but because I'm unfamiliar with what grows there I cannot say if it is or not.
The other picture that I have to show is the beaded pieces in progress. The top piece if made of olive green s

size 11 seeds and a peach coloured size 8. The next one doesn't show up well, it is made of silver lined bugles and pastel colured seed beads. The bottom one is a mixture of bronze, gold and green seeds with a bugle that is also a mixture of those colours. It is hard to explain but quite beautiful.
So that is it for today. I'm sorting and arranging beads again because I couldn't work on my messy table. The beads are in tubes and small packages and they all seem to want to be part of the next project. They jump up on the table and play with each other while I sort and figure out whose next. They just don't jump back into their boxes and lay quiet while I work. They all seem to want to sit there and watch till I get tired of not being able to find something and I have to put them back in their boxes. A little cooperation would be helpful eh?
Have a good one

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love the beaded work! Just beautiful. I love the spiraling design.

    ...And I love your words about how we are all teachers, too. So true.

    ReplyDelete